ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Melbourne, Australia update April 14th   [OT]

By: Peter Shute       
Date: Apr 14,2020 at 03:32
In Response to: [OT] Coronavirus-19 news? (Peter Shute)

A month after my first message. Melbourne, and I think most of Australia, has been in lockdown for a few weeks. We're allowed out for "essential" business - work (if you can't work at home), shopping, excercise and medical only. Police are fining people for breaking the rules.

Our new case curve is flattening out, and there's talk of easing the lockdown in a few weeks. 61 deaths so far, miniscule compared to countries that locked down later, but we could be in the same situation quickly if we lifted it now.

17 of our deaths came from one single cruise ship that was allowed to disembark without quarantining, and who knows how many were infected by them.

Despite the tragic death tolls in the UK and the USA, my social media has gone strangely quiet about it. My contacts there are still posting, just avoiding the topic.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,631 Postings in 12,230 Threads, 350 registered users, 76 users online (0 registered, 76 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 19, 2024 - 5:49 am UTC  |  Hits:62,009,229  (6,510 Today )
RSS Feed