ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Help!] Long Pathname support   [Help!]

By: Tim Mongeon       
Date: May 16,2020 at 04:01

Hello.

I use long pathnames and filenames in my work constantly. I have already set Windows to support long file paths so that isn't the problem.

When I go to open a file that has a long path greater than 260 characters, Ztree chokes and gives me the irritating error from Windows- cannot find file and the subsequent error Unable to open file error 1223. I say irritating because I have to close out two error messages not just one.

Hitting 'I' gives me the path length of 84 file with path 302 and an owner error of 0001:0123

All this time I thought the problem was with Windows solely. But come to find out that I can open all of these files without problems from Explorer. Other programs, like Everything do not have this problem either.

This points to Ztree - which I thought had support for long filepaths and names but if it doesn't then I would really like Kim to strongly considering this support or am I missing something (and I usually am)?

I should state that I can copy and move to long paths using Ztree but cannot open files. So this seems strange.

I also know about using work-arounds like subst drives and such but I would rather direct support.

Please assist.

Thank you.

Messages in this Thread

95,065 Postings in 11,983 Threads, 350 registered users, 112 users online (0 registered, 112 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Aug 4, 2020 - 7:33 pm EDT  |  Hits:32,848,916  (36,183 Today )
RSS Feed