ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

In the meantime...   [Help!]

By: Tim Mongeon       
Date: May 18,2020 at 07:33
In Response to: In the meantime... (Slobodan Vujnovic)

> Personally, I'm not, and
> probably never will be impacted by
> this limit on my machines, but this may be of some proactive help:
>
> In the minimal 25x80 display, some of the lines in the
> Statistics Panel are not shown, due to lack of space:
>
> Attributes_________....
> ___Date_____2019-08-17
> ___Time_______16:11:16
>
> Today, this should not be an issue, since this info is available
> elsewhere (Alt-I), even if you are stuck in 25x80 for some
> strange reason.
>
> But there is plenty of space with other geometries to accommodate more
> info about a file, like its length(s)? We already have this in Alt-I:
>
> Name: amd64_microsoft-windows-p..ne-
> client-overrides_31bf3856ad364
> e35_10.0.18362.295_none_8812b0
> bcb42ef656_power.energyestimat
> ionengine.standbyactivation.pp
> kg_21aafe77
> Length: 161 w/Path: 186
>
> If these two length values are added to the Statistics Panel,
> and
> highlighted after a certain limit, say, 200, the user may be
> alerted to do something about it. Options include renaming, using
> other tools, etc.
>

Thank you. I appreciate the response but I am well aware of all of the work-arounds. I really need direct support because identifying long pathnames is not the problem I face. It is opening documents and other materials that are the result of those long pathnames. I need the paths as they are - they are all part of a library and reference system that I set up some time ago.

Again, I thank you for responding.

To others out there -

I would like the direct support in Ztree. With all of the other improvements made to Ztree by user requests I just don't see why people would not want to add this. It just improves upon an already great program. Some would say - and I don't understand this - that Ztree is fine as it is and doesn't need it - but yet they these same people don't mind if they make requests of Kim.

If the function is there - doesn't mean you have to use it - it is just another option like anything else having to do with Ztree. So voting NO with no valid explanation is not any kind of answer - novel not withstanding. And I wasn't asking for a vote by the way - just some assistance - I did post it though on Wish when at the time I did not have any responses.

Personally, I think something as fundamental as a File manager that involves paths and files should support the Windows enabling of long paths and filenames - since it is under the purview of the program's basic function.

Kim what do you think?

Messages in this Thread

94,973 Postings in 11,969 Threads, 349 registered users, 26 users online (2 registered, 24 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: May 26, 2020 - 12:22 am EDT  |  Hits:31,231,462  (179 Today )
RSS Feed