ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] ReactOS 0.4.15-dev-439 works with ZtreeWin!   [Discuss]

By: Quinn       
Date: Jul 06,2020 at 13:24

I use Linux as my main OS for most things. The worst thing about that has been losing access to my favourite utility!

I found ZTW to be very unstable in recent WINE versions and have tried all sorts to get it to run safely to no avail.

...so I've been keeping an eye on ReactOS as an alternative but previous versions had always thrown a BSOD when executing ZTreeWin for me.

Today, it finally worked!

I used reactos-bootcd-0.4.15-dev-439-g292f67a-x86-gcc-lin-dbg.iso from
https://reactos.org/getbuilds/

I then granted the VM shared access to a host folder in VirtualBox and was able to work with my files in Linux!

Awesome!

My nirvana will be to have ZTW acting as my shell for some types of work - though it must be over 20 years since I've used Menus in ZTree.

I'd had a look at the ytree code to see if I could make it more like ZTree but it looks like a lot of work...

Incidentally, ReactOS is unstable - I got it to hang just exiting from a CMD.exe box without having run ZTW since boot - so I think there's some careful logging and bug reporting to be done (my ReactOS guest VM installation is soiled slightly with the VirtualBox guest Additions so I need to retest without that before I report any bugs...)

Q.

Messages in this Thread

95,075 Postings in 11,986 Threads, 350 registered users, 96 users online (0 registered, 96 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Aug 13, 2020 - 12:53 am EDT  |  Hits:33,077,656  (1,578 Today )
RSS Feed