ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[OT] OneCommander - built in support for 'Everything'...soon   [OT]

By: Steve Rawling     Sydney  
Date: Jun 19,2021 at 02:22
In Response to: [OT] OneCommander - built in support for 'Everything'...soon (Bob Selby)

> "Everything" has dug me out of the brown stuff almost as often as
> ZTWin :-)
> Bob

Me also Bob.

The FAQ explains what "Everything" is better than I can
https://www.voidtools.com/faq/

But for me, I like that it just sits there quietly logging every file in my local drive. And it does so without any resource demands. I have it set by default to display everything in date descending and whenever I am am trying to find that 'damned file' I just hot key flick to everything and I can usually see it in the first page or two ( depending how old it is) or can filter the list filespace if it is a bit older. I also use it when I get a EXCEL or WORD crash. MS often autosaves to an unrelated numeric file name but with an xlsx or docx ext. The most recent autosave sits calmly at the top of the list ready for me to restore. As you say, it "dug me out of the brown stuff"

It is true ZTWin Showall can be used for this, but with less smarts and complete logging in ZTWin of large drives still takes some time and resources.

I have never used it for Network drives when I was working in a large organization because the IT department would not allow it, but it can be done. Likewise for cloud storage.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 59 users online (0 registered, 59 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 2:37 am UTC  |  Hits:62,389,067  (3,853 Today )
RSS Feed