ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Crash with Alt-F7 - Raster Fonts   [Zeta]

By: John Beckett       
Date: Oct 10,2021 at 02:46
In Response to: Crash with Alt-F7 - Not here. Works fine for me. (Doug Borg)

That prompted me to experiment. Whether a crash occurs depends on how I start ZTree. I've always (for decades) used a batch file which I run from a cmd window that I start from a shortcut. In the cmd window, Properties, Font shows 8x12 Raster Fonts. The crash occurs if I start ZTree from that cmd window by running

"C:\example\path\ZTW64.EXE"

However, if I use Win+R (run) and enter the above, ZTree runs and the crash does not occur. In that window, the font is 16pt TT Consolas. If I change it to Raster Fonts, the crash does occur.

BTW, I said ZTree crashed. After trying it several times, my system slowed to a crawl and task manager showed one core at 100% CPU. It also showed 8 instances of ZTW64.EXE running (although none were visible). They consumed the CPU and terminating them fixed that. In other words, the crash removed ZTree's visible window but it was running in a loop. This is on Windows 10.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 97 users online (0 registered, 97 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 11:28 am UTC  |  Hits:62,403,718  (18,504 Today )
RSS Feed