ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[ZEP] Add New date to DW command list window   [ZEP]

By: Steve Rawling     Sydney  
Date: Jan 24,2022 at 02:52

Although I understand all command are not shown in the command list window, I think it would be helpful to show New Date so that changing the time stamp of a directory is easily doable.

No room on 80 column width window but Kim had recently added the F3 Refresh command to wider windows but disappeared it on an 80 column window. Nicely done. Not many people use the 80 column window. I sometimes minimized to 80 though, when working with fixed 80 column width data text files when using multiple app windows on a single screen. Drop down to 80 columns by toggling through ALT F8. But sorry I digress.

So, the default window column minim is 96 ( or at least it is on mine) That minimum is toggled using ALT F7.

To place New date in the correct alphabetic position after Make on the 2nd line needs 10 more spaces but unfortunately the are only 9 available. eliminating the space between New and Date could be fitted into 96 columns. Other options are add it to the first line after Log or else only introduce it to window widths greater than 96.

This is not of major need to me, particularly as I am now retired and spend most of my 'computer' time on my android phone. But I simply draw attention to it, so that Kim may consider if its a worthwhile additions.. especially after applying the Gain vs Effort principal.

If anyone else thinks its worthwhile add your voice.

Cheers to y'll Don't work too hard

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 69 users online (0 registered, 69 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 8:09 am UTC  |  Hits:62,397,560  (12,346 Today )
RSS Feed