ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Q] Skip Log [Up Arrow] Volumes?   [Q]

By: Dan LeGate       
Date: May 04,2022 at 01:23

I'm wondering if there's already a way to do this.

On some servers I work on, the attached volume storage is extraordinarily SLOW, so when I want to see a list of Volumes using

[L]og [Up Arrow]

I will have to go do other work for quite a few minutes before anything responds.

I often forget on this server and have to wait yet again, every time I do it because it's a habit on my other faster machines.

Is there any way to tell Ztree "Don't check these drive letters until I specifically try to log them"?

Ya, that's a long way of putting it, but basically when I want a list of volumes, I very rarely need THAT ONE VOLUME that slows the system to a crawl.

Would love for Ztree to not refresh/check it at all. Maybe a Windows setting that would do this for me?

I know, very wishful thinking.

Dan

PS - I'm not the primary OS admin on this machine, so my abilities are limited outside of very simple settings, which is why I'm hoping for a Ztree feature.

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 68 users online (0 registered, 68 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 10:29 am UTC  |  Hits:62,363,111  (15,508 Today )
RSS Feed