ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Help!] zcolors.ini seems to be ignored   [Help!]

By: Mike King       
Date: Aug 03,2022 at 05:32
In Response to: [Help!] zcolors.ini seems to be ignored (John Gruener)

Thanks, everyone, for the replies!

I was focusing on changing the foreground color in the directory and file windows from bright white to bright yellow, and ZTW seemed to be ignoring that.

After hearing others' results here, I tried turning the directory mode text yellow while leaving the file mode text white, but both looked the same to me. Alternating seemed to make no difference, either.

Finally, I opened two ZTW windows, and overlaid them so that the directory mode on one was next to the file mode on the other and took a screen shot.

[image]

It's more evident when viewing in the web browser (perhaps because colors are rendered differently?), but within the ZTW windows, BRI YEL is so close to BRI WHI that I couldn't tell the difference. It wasn't until I magnified the image that I could see the subtle difference between the two. Perhaps if I'd changed the background on the modes I wold have spotted the similarity sooner.

I'm not clear why the two colors on this computer are so similar, but that's an issue beyond this forum and something that I can dig into later.

@John, thanks for the correction about the default colors vs ZCOLORS.IN_.

This message is the one that led me to believe that the ZCOLORS.IN_ contains ZTW's default configuration.

Thanks again to everyone. ...cheers!

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 90 users online (1 registered, 89 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 10:36 am UTC  |  Hits:62,401,857  (16,643 Today )
RSS Feed