ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Wish] possible to redesign ZFORMAT.BAT by adding a full path?   [Wish]

By: Ryan       
Date: Oct 16,2022 at 06:00
In Response to: [Wish] possible to redesign ZFORMAT.BAT by adding a full path? (Ben Kent)

> I was hoping that %CD% would have the ZTree current directory, but I expect ZTree
> switches to %SystemDrive% to stop the format having active file lock issues.

this will never be the problem, because of the nature of these files ZOOPS.BAT and ZFORMAT.BAT, and how internal ztree works
delete these files ZOOPS.BAT and ZFORMAT.BAT, then the internal ztree takes over the tasks
but if you so much as simply create these files, the internal ztree thing no longer takes over, and gives a TOTAL control to you. there is no way of knowing for ztree to UNDO Oops or format a HDD with monkey island 3.exe so to speak.

ZOOPS.BAT or (Oops) needs no meaning of a full path, it ONLY needs a root drive name, but ZOOPS.BAT still delivers a fullpath nevertheless... so that we could use monkey island 3.exe as a smokescreen to do other things, ztree probably wouldnt know why it took so long to bring out $RECYCLE.BIN

ZOOPS.BAT's same logic and same analogy "should" apply to ZFORMAT.BAT
meant to be other program named format.exe m:
meant to be other program named format m:\aaa\bbb\ (having active file lock issues... really? then this is your batch file of the making and you can "maybe" use %~do or %~d1 only out of a fullpath, because YOU have a FULL control there)

meant to be other program named recycle m:
meant to be other program named recycle m:\aaa\bbb\ (having active file lock issue here too? i'd rather not think so.

>And there is the F9 menu, eXecute history, Alt-F12 macros, ZAPP Ctrl-Y, methods which should be safer.
one stroke hot key : "O" or "Alt-x" or "Alt-F2"(almost and pass as one stroke)
two stroke hot key : "Alt-F4" "Alt-F5" (i have to twist my wrist much or so much or i have to use both hands)

F9 menu : 4 stokes : F9 key - End key - up arrow key - Enter key (therefore not for the case for an opener, and not gonna assign a letter for this)

eXecute history : 2 strokes : x key - Alt-a key (but forgetting issue, i might press Alt-z or x or c or s to look for it, but later or soon i will try this method to see if i can work with it )

Alt-F12 macros : 2 strokes : F12 key - Alt-a key (but forgetting issue and the main idea goes back to x-key)

ZAPP Ctrl-Y : how? when the ztree cursor runs through 20 files or dirs in one second.

i still think it would be a best idea somehow if ZFORMAT.BAT passes a fullpath as well

-----------------------------------------
(side track)
the next is about the best ZBAR program i ever made and it has an idea as below,
in general, you can only do so much about renaming, all captial or all lower or only 1st letter capitalization
i wanted to correct the cases of the names to maximize the recognition

example)
ZBAR-RENMASK.EXE renames those dirs and files wherever a ztree cursor goes
if ZBAR-RENMASK.EXE detects ExFAT or exfAt in dir names or file names, it changes them with exFAT
what do you think if ZBAR-RENMASK.EXE can potentially rename 30000 files in an hour at wherever the ztree cursor goes
ZBAR-RENMASK.EXE can actually rename 20 files as fast as the ztree cursor moves, i found no delays no corruptions so far, if the datas become larger than a 100 words then i "may" expect somethng to go "wrong" (no reason, i just have a feeling built with a true basic compiler for 40 years)

then later i made RENMASK.EXE M: NOT related to ZBAR, why bother with ZBAR when i can do a whole drive, then it bacame bothering even to think about using RENMASK.EXE M: like taking medicines on a regular basis, now ZBAR-RENMASK.EXE collects dusts on a ztree\tools shelf

@ECHO OFF
SET Z1=C:\ZTREE\ZTW64.EXE /M /Y /ZB1
START %Z1%
START "" C:\ZTREE\TOOLS\"ZBAR-RENMASK.EXE" "C:\ZTREE\TOOLS\ZBAR-RENMASK.INI"

ZBAR-RENMASK.INI currently has data below and you just add the words you want to be corrected

DirectX
DivX
DVD
exFAT
FAT32
GigaBit
GigaByte
ID
MegaBit
MegaByte
NTFS
TBGold
TiVo
UFO
Win10
Win98
Win9x
XP
XviD
ZTW
0Kg
1Kg
2Kg
3Kg
4Kg
5Kg
6Kg
7Kg
8Kg
9Kg
0g
1g
2g
3g
4g
5g
6g
7g
8g
9g

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 85 users online (0 registered, 85 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 9:15 am UTC  |  Hits:62,399,551  (14,337 Today )
RSS Feed