ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Resizing window via dragging frame edge - comments   [Zeta]

By: Ben Kent       
Date: Dec 22,2022 at 15:56
In Response to: [Zeta] v2.4.206 Now Available! (Kim Henkel)

> Added - Experimental support for resizing window via dragging
> frame edge

Rechecking https://www.ztw3.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=124233

o. These are resolved
CO-2L Window sizing=Proportional
Is now honoured

I haven't got it to crash conhost.exe, yet

o. These are outstanding

Odd number of columns still allowed, which causes problems with split mode (below)

Split, with Sh-F8=current, causes stats panel/DW-FW border issues, different issues for odd and even number of columns

Split, with Sh-F8=both, and odd number of columns, causes stats panel/DW-FW border issues, wouldn't be a problem if the number of columns was forced to be even

Right hand fractional character highlight colour, it would be nice if the console could be reduced to a whole number of characters, then there would be no issue.

When making the console smaller (which causes wrapping and a scrollbar) then the number of columns reduces by three. Can that be handled?

o. New finding

To see how far I could push it, I changed to a 5 point font (unreadable) and got this
====
DISPLAY INFORMATION
Cols 944 Rows 202 List height 196
Files/page 53 Name.ext length 407.3
Screen resolution 1920 x 1080
====
on returning from "?", there where some screen redraw issues, top and bottom of the small file window, right hand pane has an offset overlapping copy of the left hand pane, most but not all of that recovers if you tab between the panes and enter the SFW.

Someone with a 4K screen could do the same, to see if it might cause problems.
What is the "Name.ext length" limit?

Thanks
Ben

Messages in this Thread

96,194 Postings in 12,153 Threads, 350 registered users, 31 users online (1 registered, 30 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Jan 27, 2023 - 2:20 am UTC  |  Hits:53,204,635  (1,868 Today )
RSS Feed