ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] Progress bar display and junction points ?   [Discuss]

By: Laurent Duchastel     Montréal, Québec  
Date: Jan 10,2023 at 17:42

I use junction points a lot.
I mean, A LOT.

It helps me centralize various or default directories across different disk and cloud locations in a unique single place, with bonus functionality of being able to rename junction without renaming the original location. It is also a very good way to harmonize locations on different systems: at home, users’ folders are on D: and at work on C:. Thus, I created on both computer a subst drive on U:\ with junction points to either C: or D: depending on the situation. Whatever computer I use, all directories are always first level on U:\... even if in fact they are sub-sub-sub dir of OneDrive/synced Teams channels in reality. A huge productivity boost and synced history lists in applications will always work.

Work:
C:\Users\lduchast\Universite de Montreal\Gr - ESPUM Prg hors-campus santé publique - Administration - Administration\ÉTABLISSEMENTS\CIUSSS-MCQ\
Home:
D:\Users\Laurent\Universite de Montreal\Gr - ESPUM Prg hors-campus santé publique - Administration - Administration\ÉTABLISSEMENTS\CIUSSS-MCQ\
On both with subst+junction point.
U:\CIUSSS-MCQ

However, when I move large files with ZTree from one junctioned directory to another, the progress bar does not update when different physical disks are involved. ZTree seems to "hang" while it performs the copy operation and resume once done. The "nothing seems to happen" delay is longer when files are quite large (recordings mostly) or some spinning disk delay is required.

Is there some configuration or parameters to overcome this behaviour and have progress bar working all the time? If not, is it ZEP admissible or it is OS-limited and nothing that can be done?

Laurent Duchastel

Messages in this Thread

96,194 Postings in 12,153 Threads, 350 registered users, 30 users online (2 registered, 28 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Jan 27, 2023 - 2:15 am UTC  |  Hits:53,204,563  (1,796 Today )
RSS Feed