ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Two Wishes   [Wish]

By: Greg Akers       
Date: Aug 04,2000 at 23:43
In Response to: Two Wishes (Charles Schubach)

Wish 1
> Until today I use Xtree for DOS, with german
> Language.
> If I use Ztree, my quick hacking is very
> dangerous.
> I would like a Konfiguration in German.
> That is the first of my wishes.
> ...

> Sorry to say that, but XTree with the German UI
> was
> the most ugly version I ever saw.
> I tried it once for around two weeks and then
> switched back to the US version.

> \ Charles

Which brings up the question if the ZTW-DEU.HLP file in the last released version ZTW141.ZIP is being updated for the imminent v1.50 release?

Also, there is the freeware FileMaster 3.1 available from the XTree Fan Page at http://xtfp.arkanda.net/x63clone.htm#fm30 for download. It's a very close XTree clone that improves on XTree by using Expanded Memory (EMS) and has it's configuration in German. But, it is a DOS application and doesn't show Win32 long file/directory names. And it is no longer being developed.

Wish 2
> The second one is an integratet and quick (only
> Text)Viewer for html.

As Juergen pointed out you can Open html files for viewing in your browser. But I thought you meant you were having trouble using ZTW's internal viewer for reading the text source code of those files. Surely this isn't the case, is it? I usually troubleshoot my *.htm files with ZTW's internal viewer and a text editor.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 42 users online (0 registered, 42 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 7:47 am UTC  |  Hits:62,397,068  (11,854 Today )
RSS Feed