ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[OT] MP3 Storage   [Wish]

By: Kim Henkel     Riverview, FL  
Date: Aug 15,2000 at 21:51
In Response to: Wish: Rename During CTRL+Copy (Andrew Watson)

You might find this interesting:
http://www.ssiamerica.com/NEO35.htm

I had been on a waiting list for a similar hard-drive based player for *months*, when I finally was directed to this unit.
The beauty of it is that it is based on a removable 3.5" IDE drive caddy - so none of this parallel or USB transfer rubbish. You just install your own HD (I'm using a 40Gb Maxtor), and install the PC docking bay. When the 'head unit' is mounted in the PC, it's just another drive - you copy directly to it - with ZTree of course!
When you remove it (not hot unfortunately), and connect up a 12v power supply, it's a very good quality hardware-based MP3 player! Supports up to 320kbs and VBR MP3s, .m3u song lists, multiple directory nesting etc. I tell you, this little beast is awesome!

And people say, "what am I gonna do with a 40gb drive?!". I suspect I'm going to be looking at a 60gb drive very soon! ;-)

Kim

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 57 users online (0 registered, 57 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 12:25 am UTC  |  Hits:62,385,791  (577 Today )
RSS Feed