ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Ztree enhancement suggestions   [ZEP]

By: Vincent Reher       
Date: May 27,1999 at 09:12

I've been a (registered) user of the Ztree products for some time and have some suggestions. I hope this is a good forum for presenting these -- should I also send a copy to support@ztree.com ?

Anyway, here they are ...

1. ZtreeWin: enhance or replace "video mode" function to allow user to interactively resize ZtreeWin screen to any row/column dimension allowed by WinNT. This would permit better viewing of split file lists when the file names are long. The code to implement the actual screen resizing is pretty simple. Hopefully, it would not require too much application redesign to quickly repaint the screen (especially if it is wider than 80 columns).

2. Implement a feature wherein only a selected subtree of a drive's directory structure is logged and displayed. For example: logging c:\dir1\dir2 would display a tree whose "root" directory is really c:\dir1\dir2. This is different from invoking "Ztxxx c:\dir1\dir2" in that this command still displays parent and sibling directories that are not of interest.

This feature would really be useful when using Ztree as launching place for opening objects or applications or when wanting to perform extensive file management activities on only a subset of a drive's directory tree.

3. Add a configuration option to eliminate the "small" file window and "disk statistics" windows.

4. Add an command key to display a syncronized "large" file window in a split screen across from the directory window (as an alternative to the standard directory/file window produced by F8).

5. Where appropriate, enhance the pointing (F2) function to allow selecting files as well as directories. This would be helpful when using JFC to compare files that have different names.

6. Finally, please consider creating a Unix/curses version of Ztree. That environment could really use a slick file manager.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 67 users online (0 registered, 67 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 12:41 am UTC  |  Hits:62,386,166  (952 Today )
RSS Feed