ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

UNC and some other stuff   [ZEP]

By: Dan LeGate       
Date: Jun 22,1999 at 05:52
In Response to: UNC - Universal Naming Convention (Kim Henkel)

> so my plan was to first at least allow 'dynamic
> mapping' of UNCs to unused drives letters, so to
> allow the current architecture to work, while
> providing the UNC support from the user
> perspective.
>
> Did you want the long answer? ;-)

If the long answer includes how you envision the implementation, then yes! ;-)

This topic got me thinking about other things. (oh no! Look out! Dan started THINKING again!)

I notice in the Up Arrow "Volumes" list, which looks very much like a history list, you can use the INSERT key to mark drives, but it doesn't really do anything. The next time you use it, they're not marked.

What if, instead of the INSERT functionality, we had TAG functionality in that menu? So whichever volumes we tag, Ztree logs when you press enter, using the F2 Method you've chosen before hitting the Up Arrow.

Along with that feature, though, I'd like to see an option in the Alt-F10 menu to "Skip Removable drives" when bringing up the Volumes menu, since that seems to be what takes the longest when bringing up the menu.

I'd also like to see an option to "never show info" on certain drive letters, so that if I have a network drive that I know is always going to respond very slowly, it just shows the drive letter and doesn't try to retrieve its information every time.

Whaduya think?

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 62 users online (1 registered, 61 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 1:56 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,408,170  (22,956 Today )
RSS Feed