ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

More Questions/Suggestions   [Q]

By: Will Hafer       
Date: Aug 19,1998 at 08:18

I'm pleased to report that I'm getting Ztree to work this time and, unless I run into some serious problems, Ztree is going to become my only file manager.

So I've got a few more questions that may turn out to be suggestions for features I would find useful.

1. When I've got the screen split in half, so I can see two directories at once, is there a way to view the time that files were created? I would like to see such a capability included in some future release. One possiblity is to have a toggle, so that when the size, and date are displayed, you could toggle between the size and the time, leaving the date on the screen.

2. Now that I'm hooked on long filenames it's not quite as easy to edit a filename as it used to be. Back in the days of the 8.3 filename it wasn't much bother to have to retype the name. But now that I've started using ever longer and longer filenames, it would be nice to be able to edit a filename instead of having to type the whole name over just to change one character. Is there a way to do that?

3. I still have a hard time reaching over to the arrow keys to move the selection bar up and down the screen. To reach the arrow keys means I have to take my fingers from the "home" keys that allow me to touch type. Are there keyboard shortcuts for moving around on the screen? By which I mean, shortcut keys on the regular typists' keyboard. If not, I'd like to suggest adding the venerable and elegant WordStar cursor command set to Ztree.

I'm sure most of us know it by heart, ^E for up one line, ^X for down one line. Or better yet have the cursor movement keys user configurable. Maybe they already are. I'd be please to learn that they are.

Thanks for the help so far. I think you may have a new Ztree fan on your hands.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 97 users online (0 registered, 97 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 6:18 am UTC  |  Hits:62,394,912  (9,698 Today )
RSS Feed