ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] f5 for refresh intead of f3   [Discuss]

By: Michael Kahn       
Date: May 15,2003 at 06:57
In Response to: [Discuss] f5 for refresh intead of f3 (Fernando Sanchez C.)

> I think you just mentioned a great idea, even though you don't like it. I have
> seen other programs where you can create your own shortcuts and hotkeys, and
> even remap the existing ones, and these programs are really powerfull and
> valuable because you don't have to adapt to them, you can adapt them to the way
> you work. I know it means tons of work to have something as
> "remapping" of function keys, but that doesn't mean that it will add a
> lot of usefullness to ZTree.

No matter what changing key assignments does not add "usefulness". For example, why would pressing F5 be more useful than pressing F3? What it would add would be a support add beta testing nightmare. Didn't I state in the message you replied to that you should review this old issue in the archives?

> I know that we already have macros, but it's not
> exactly the same thing;

Correct, it is not the same thing - macros are very useful and changing key assignments is not and would have a negative impact on the current user base and a significant proportion of the mostly likely to register Ztree which are former Xtree users. Why would anyone be interested in change the most mneumonic interface ever?
Can you improve on [C]opy, [R]ename, [D]elete?

> I've been a XTree and ZTree user since a long time ago,
> and I really hate to be confused by the f3 and f5 keys usage in win explorer and
> ztree.

Well, I rarely use the exploder and I already stated that I am never confused by that assignment in browsers.

> Hope this is not as a religous matter as the GUI stuff!

Wrong again. I was hoping you would have gathered that by the tone of my original post. I guess I was not sarcastic enough - sorry. :-)

../Michael

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 96 users online (0 registered, 96 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 2:20 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,408,726  (23,512 Today )
RSS Feed