ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] just plain dumb.   [Discuss]

By: Peter Shute       
Date: May 16,2003 at 09:07
In Response to: [Discuss] just plain dumb. (Jim Farnsworth)

> * Honestly, I wasn't even aware that F5 did refresh in exploder... Explorer is
> so darn mouse oriented that I usually right click and r'e'fresh. I expect that
> most Explorer users do the same.

It's used in Internet Explorer to refresh the web page, in Windows Explorer to refresh the dir/branch, in most file-open dialog boxes in most programs, plus a lot of admin programs (e.g. lists of open files, users, etc). So many places that once one knows about it one will be using it several times a day. I've got to the point where it's becoming second nature and is clashing with my Ztree f3 reflex.

My original question was whether there was an eventual aim to "standardise" the refresh key, and the answer is obviously no. At least the clash is not a dangerous one, and apparently non-existent for many users, so there seems to be little incentive for going through the hassles of changing it.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 107 users online (0 registered, 107 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 4:03 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,412,273  (27,059 Today )
RSS Feed