ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] Dialogs   [Discuss]

By: Liviu       
Date: May 26,2003 at 09:26
In Response to: [Discuss] Dialogs (Juergen Hestermann)

> Yes, I also think that popup windows should be used for all commands that
> require user input.

Please again, phrase this as a possible future "option", not a mandatory "replacement" - otherwise I'll have so many more reasons to simply say "no" without reading the rest.

> The size of these popup windows should of course be restricted to a minimum.

No problem, as long as they fit the current command area and are displayed on top of it ;-)

> I know there is the (small) disadvantage of covering a part of the files or tree
> but I find this a minor one if I see the advantages of larger input windows.

Disadvantage it is, indeed, whether small or large that's in the beholder's eye. Same goes for purported advantages, of course, that's why I refrained from making any statement more general than "this is my preference" in the earlier post.

> The command menu on the bottom should only be used for the
> command tokens and for status messages from Ztree while performing a function.

While discussing...

Why cover part of the active area with a popup, while leaving the command/status area intact - and useless - during prompts?

What exactly would the "larger input" size be used/useful for?

If the answer to the above is "merge multiple prompts into one dialog" then how do you propose ZTree deals with "dependent" prompts... For example, Ctrl_Copy some files and type-in a destination directory - if it exists you'll get a "file overwrite" prompt, if it doesn't you get a "create directory" one - would these go into one "dialog" or several cascaded ones?

> Jürgen.

Cheers,
Liviu

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 86 users online (0 registered, 86 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 6:38 am UTC  |  Hits:62,395,459  (10,245 Today )
RSS Feed