ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Help!] Teespec Navigation   [Help!]

By: Bryan Cleaver       
Date: Aug 07,2003 at 13:53
In Response to: [Help!] Teespec Navigation (Andreas Hagele)

Hi Andreas,

Treespec is one of the most brilliant features of (the brilliant!) Ztree.

I personally don't find much use for the "tab" completion. The thing I find most useful is the feature of assigning a prefix code ("marking") to lines in the history list with the characters A-Z or 0-9. For example one could assign the letter "F" to a particular directory in your Favorites area and "U" to your work area on the network drive. After pressing "\" one needs just press Alt-F to jump directly to that directory. Alt-U and youre in your work area. I use this all the time to jump to regularly used directories all over the place in different network drives at work. So simple to re-assign - miles better than M$ shortcuts which only encourage slow rodentz.

Have a look at F1 Help section 3.6 for more info. Of course this works on all history lists.

[from my condensed "tips" spreadsheet...]
3.6 History Lists...

("x" = A-Z, 0-9)

From most input prompts...

Ctrl-x Retrieve for edit

Alt-x Retrieve and perform (same as Ctrl then Enter)

F3 Retrieve newest to input

Alt-Up Save to list and continue edit

From displayed history list...

Ctrl-x Mark / UnMark

Alt-x Retrieve and perform

A-Z 0-9 Select and retrieve to input

Ins Mark as Permanent

Ctr-Ins Copy to clipboard

F3 Save ZTW.HST

Del Remove

Hope this helps.
It should make you even more productive.
(Uncle $Bill could never dream up something as simple, useful and fast as this. [Qn , who was responsible?] I can't comprehend why there are so many cretins that use M$ Ex-ploder!)

Cheers,
Bryan

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 48 users online (0 registered, 48 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 12:13 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,365,970  (18,367 Today )
RSS Feed