ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Treespec Navigation   [Help!]

By: Michael Kahn       
Date: Aug 11,2003 at 14:53
In Response to: Treespec Navigation (Walt)

> Maybe, but you are in total control of your systems, whereas some of us
> have to contend with morons that are in power. ;-)

I have to contend with moron users and I tell them that if they want the assurance of proper backups/restores which may save their jobs someday, then they will take my advice. My boss has given the IT dept. specific instructions not to tell the user how to do their work and that our prime job is to be able to restore the servers (and their data) to the condition that existed before a system failure.

Even if I see some pinhead printing 1000 pages from E-bay on the color printer, I am not supposed to say anything to them because "we are not policemen". Any guess as to whether or not I would say anything in this case? [GRIN]

I had my Performance Review last week and my boss said my performance was "fantastic". He did mention, however, that I should be careful of the anti-M$ rhetoric when I was out-and-about (from the computer room) amoung the users. He said he "didn't want them to question whether or not they should be using Office" or something like that. I said with a big smile: "actually, they really should be using Star Office". (BTW, I have my boss using Ztree daily to scan the files trapped by our anti-virus mail gateway).

../Michael

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 58 users online (0 registered, 58 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 10:45 am UTC  |  Hits:62,363,585  (15,982 Today )
RSS Feed