ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Wow!!   [Release]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Sep 12,2003 at 04:20
In Response to: Wow!! including PDF/HTML manuals (Matthias Kring)

> Are these manuals new with the final release, or did I overlook them
> before?

The ZTW.HLP file has been updated regularly with most beta releases, and some of the RC releases. It takes Kim some time to convert the Help file I send him to PDF, so that has not been updated as often.

> So, thanks to the help file writers and manual creators, too.
> (esp. John Gruener, I think).

You're welcome. ;-) I included in the most recent revision the latest feature additions, (Alt-F1-Alt-F1, and History Ctrl-%), added that sHortcuts may create a .PIF file, and explained that Alt-. can be used to get *.* on the sHortcut input line, (suggested by Walter).

As a result of a user comment I rewrote most of the Batch Parameters section, and emphasized in a number of places that Batch files can be used for things other than batch files, (e.g., lists).

Also, as a result of comments made here on the forum by Steve and Jürgen,
http://www.ztw3.com/archive/014/archive.cgi??read=50079
I reorganized and revised the Alt-Sort sections. I may not have done it exactly as they suggested, but I did what I think is best, and consistent with the rest of the file. Hopefully they will approve. ;-)

It does take a lot of time to update this file, and I appreciate the recognition. There are still sections and commands on which I have not yet done much work. Hopefully I've gotten most of the important and less-understood commands and concepts explained. As time permits, and as Kim may accept, I'll continue to work on it.

There's no doubt that with 1.49.2 we now have the most feature-rich and bug-free ZTree to date.

Thanks Kim for a great job!

- John

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 54 users online (0 registered, 54 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 10:30 am UTC  |  Hits:62,401,657  (16,443 Today )
RSS Feed