ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[OT] Geocomp   [Help!]

By: Steve Rawling     Sydney  
Date: Sep 30,2003 at 09:31
In Response to: [OT] Geocomp (Peter Shute)

> Anyone using Geocomp is bound to have some kind of problem. They all seem
> to end up as Ztree users.

> I haven't used it for several years. What version is it up to?

I actually use terramodel mostly now but still put my project data into the data branch of Geocomp so I can easily so some work on the project in geocomp if I need/wish to, (using a multi directory alternative geocomp startup batch file). There are some things that geocomp will always be better at doing.

Geocomp current version is Version 10.08 (sept 2001) (http://www.geocomp.com.au)

Being a DOS program, geocomp does need a few special settings to get it to work properly. However with the settings in place in runs better in W2K than in DOS itself, IMO.

You are right about all Geocomp users using Ztree. When I first began using geocomp(v 4.2 1985?) it was marketed and installed by Wild(ie Leica) who added XTREE duing installation and added XTREE training to the Geocomp training. Still today, there is a default command to shell out to ztreewin. Thats how I started using XTREE. XTREE was so needed by Geocomp users because of geocomp's method of creating 30-40 different text data files all with the same numeric filename(the job abd version no) but with different extensions.

So Peter, What do you use? Are you a surveyor?

Steve

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 62 users online (0 registered, 62 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 7:13 am UTC  |  Hits:62,396,332  (11,118 Today )
RSS Feed