ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[help] Logs & Unlogs immediately   [Help!]

By: Rudy Penteado       
Date: May 21,2004 at 21:37
In Response to: [help] Logs & Unlogs immediately (Alan Smedley)

Alan,
Thanks for your answer. Apparently, the problem is more common than I thought. Interesting reading on the links. I'm still working on reading everything.
I already found that when I try to use the recovery CDs the recovery program claims that disc D (which is NTFS) is not accessible. This is probably the reason why it doesn't offer me the option to restore the system files only. The disc D is in fact accessible, as I can see it from the NET and I could copy its whole contents to my main computer. The explanations given about the corruption on the drive letters assignment during logon are very much likable to be what is going on.
I will give the subject a few more tries before I decide to reinstall everything.
I hate to have to spend my time in becoming an expert in repairing Windows. Those guys in Microsoft already got enough of my money and yours to get to produce a more decent OS.
Best,
Rudy.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 56 users online (1 registered, 55 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 8:31 am UTC  |  Hits:62,360,042  (12,439 Today )
RSS Feed