ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[help] Logs & Unlogs immediately   [Help!]

By: Michael Kahn       
Date: May 23,2004 at 07:35
In Response to: [help] Logs & Unlogs immediately (Andrew Atton)

> It's not that I want to put everything on a big partition. In my ignorance
> years ago, that was the way it started.

I understand this because I have a different situation at work. I have had to install all of the corporate "base" group of software on the boot partition so that we can install/restore a user system in a single Ghost image restore (without overwriting any data on drive D:). We keep the large (>1CD) images on a network drive, but I am trying to put them on an external USB DVD-R drive, but so far I have been unable to make it work. Next I am going to try to an external USB hard drive.

I have read on the net that restoring from images spanned over more than 1 CD's is not as reliable as from a single CD. I have such image sets, but have never tried to restore them.

I backup my machine at work by Ghosting my C: drive to a second drive, Roxio'ing my D: drive to a CD, and Ghosting C:+D: to my 4mm-Dat (DDS) tape drive. I keep versions of the CD's and tape off-site (at home). I take no chances. ;-)

../Michael

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 117 users online (1 registered, 116 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 3:55 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,411,994  (26,780 Today )
RSS Feed