ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

MP3 Playing   [rpVT]

By: Andrew Watson     Perth, Western Australia  
Date: Mar 11,2005 at 11:29
In Response to: [rpVT] A-402 is available (Rudy Penteado)

I see from Tool menu that WAV/MP3 playing can be invoked by rCtrl.

Following R convention I assume this means press LeftCTRL + LeftSHIFT + RightCTRL.

When I do, nothing happens.

If I hold down LeftCTRL + LeftSHIFT and press RightCTRL 5 or 6 times it starts.

This is on an external keyboard connected to my HP portable PC.

[Thinks] How are people going to start this from some portable's keyboards because they don't have a RightCTRL key? [/Thinks]

Once I've started it how do I stop it?

I've tried LeftCTRL + LeftSHIFT + RightCTRL 5 or 6 times but all that does is restart it.

This is important as I started testing this at 0530 and I didn't want to wake Christine.

If I shutdown Z the R button on the Taskbar disappears but the music plays on. I have to restart Z and then it stops.

I would expect two modes for WAV/MP3 playing:

1. Tracking mode where it plays whatever is currently highlighted in Z as happens with all other file types. When you move the Z highlight to a different file it plays that file. When you move off a playable file the playing stops. When you point to a playable file the playing starts.

2. Player mode where it plays whatever is highlighted when playing is invoked but continues to play when the Z highlight is moved.

We only appear to have mode 2 at the moment. I think mode 1 is more important to be able to check the content of a number of files.

Andrew Watson

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 92 users online (0 registered, 92 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 11:20 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,384,023  (36,420 Today )
RSS Feed