ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Help File] Ctrl-Delete - WHAT?   [Help!]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Apr 12,2005 at 05:47
In Response to: [Help File] Ctrl-Delete - WHAT? (Liviu)

> If one has to lookup help on Ctrl_Del then one shouldn't be using it in
> the first place, maybe ;-)

That's one good reason. But by that reasoning we could remove at least half of the Help file. ;-)

> Twice, and so ashamed because of it.

Don't feel bad. I can't tell you how many times I read it before noticing. As Al has observed, it has been modified several times over the years without recognizing the error. Of course my excuse is no one was telling me that something was wrong. ;-) I think Slobodan has it right, the mind sees what it expects to see, not what is really there. (I wonder how many have read it and not seen anything wrong). ;-)

But contrary to Al's conjecture that it was a cut-and-paste slip-up, I found no evidence that I did so. I wrote the damn thing that way! What was I thinking? (Please, that's just a rhetorical question). ;-) I suspect I had just finished working on another section that used the erroneous words.

> Consuming swiss cheese is nothing more than enlarging the holes ;-)

Or finding more of them. ;-)

- John

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 87 users online (1 registered, 86 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 12:44 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,406,057  (20,843 Today )
RSS Feed