ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Help!] Copy/print file lists   [Help!]

By: Brian Layman       
Date: Feb 04,2006 at 02:58
In Response to: [Help!] Copy/print file lists (David)

> That's amazing. Thanks! I never even knew the entire subset of functions
> were there.
Jeeze neither did I. This eliminates/replaces one of my top three feature requests...

There really needs to be a way to show ALL of the options available in the context menu. Especially since the ZTree window can now be much wider than the space we use for menu options now....

Alright. So, it seems that most of the Ctrl-Ins commands don't work on tagged files. So I am still stuck with screen scraping the list of files.

I guess what I'd like is to be able to hit Ctrl+Ins Ctrl+I and get my list of full filenames & sizes (It's too bad the attribute column is in there but a quick S&R can drop that info).

Kim if this ability isn't already there somewhere, I'd like to replace my #2 feature request:
2. A file display with the extension next to the long file name followed by the size and date and times in their columns. This will allow me to easily copy and paste stuff to emails in a format I use.

with:
2. The ability to easily copy, to the clipboard, info (full name &/or path + size/date info) about the selected files.

My original request was flawed because I was asking for a particular solution to be implemented (aka workaround) and not instead accurately stating my need and asking for a solution to be provided. I chide my users all the time for doing this same thing... "But what are you trying to do. What do you REALLY need?"

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 94 users online (2 registered, 92 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 7:47 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,377,927  (30,324 Today )
RSS Feed