ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Notice] Rudy Penteado - R.I.P.   [Notice]

By: Eduardo Clapp       
Date: Feb 27,2006 at 12:15
In Response to: [Notice] Rudy Penteado - R.I.P. (Kim Henkel)

This is a very strange day for me. It´s my birthday too.
I´m a Ztree user/fan since version 1.10. This is my very first post here, I´m not much of a forum guy. But, unlike many of you, I knew Rudy, or Rodolfo as I used to call him. He was my first boss a long time ago back in 1979. I was 18 then.
Graduating from eletronics tech school here in Brazil, I got an employment building 8080 and 8085 computers at Rodolfo´s company. I worked there for some years. The company initially had only 4 people. When I left, there were 30. Looking at rpVT site I discovered it reached 130 workers. It was a wonderful experience for me to build a solid professional profile. Rodolfo was a mentor for many of us. His life style would encourage us and make us dream to follow his steps. He was a very intelligent man. Very clever in how to deal with professional relations also.
I was very young and like it often happens, we grow and have a tendency to look like our fathers more than we wished. Now, I run my own company and see myself many times using what I learned from Rodolfo. Other ocasions find me acting exactly the way I used to criticize him. He was my professional father. I never thought this fully till today.
I always thought about saying hi to him, here. But I was never really sure that "Rudy" was "Rodolfo". Now, seeing his picture at the rpVT site, I feel so sorry for missing that opportunity. I blame myself for being late.
Sorry for the long post. But this is my way to honor his memory.

Eduardo - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 60 users online (0 registered, 60 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 4:37 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,373,070  (25,467 Today )
RSS Feed