ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Bug] Message and Help File Consistency   [Docs]

By: Kim Henkel     Riverview, FL  
Date: Apr 10,2006 at 04:30
In Response to: [Bug] Message and Help File Consistency (John Gruener)

> It should clearly say "Files not logged", especially since it
> appears in a FW!

I'm not sure I'm following this discussion clearly, and I can't see Steve's upload image, but I don't think I agree with what's being said ;-)

John says: "If the directory is displayed, then the directory is logged."

Not so! A directory that is displayed in the tree is there because its parent directory is logged, regardless of whether it is itself.

Consider the result of logging with the "Root Only" mode. Logging "C:" logs only the "C:\" directory, which displays all first-level sub-directories with a plus sign. None of those sub-directories are logged - only the root.

In regard to the original discussion of what the Right arrow does in the tree, it is purely related to displayed directories. It certainly doesn't matter whether a directories' files are logged or not.
Also, branches can be partially collapsed with F5/F6, which has no effect on the logged files state of any of those sub-directories, but causes certain sub-directories to be not displayed.
Only those sub-directories still visible in the branch will be visited by the right arrow.

So actually, Steve's original suggestion:
"The right key moves the highlight one line down until it reaches the last displayed directory of the current branch."
is I think as accurate as it can be in a single sentence.

Kim

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 75 users online (2 registered, 73 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 5:09 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,373,845  (26,242 Today )
RSS Feed