ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Another Notepad++ fan   [Q]

By: Martijn Coppoolse   Homepage   Voorburg, NL  
Date: Sep 19,2006 at 20:21
In Response to: Another Notepad++ fan (Slobodan Vujnovic)

> Yes, please -- just post it here, or vujnovicATfree.fr

Sorry for the delay, my most recent version was at work, then I got ill.

http://www.ztw3.com/upfile/nativeLang.zip (the unzipped version is 12 KB large).
Just extract nativeLang.xml to your %AppData%\Notepad++, (re)start Notepad++ and you'll see the effects. You can edit the file with Np++ itself if needs be. :-)

The advantage of editing the files in the %AppData%-folder is that those don't get overwritten during upgrades.

One thing I noticed, is that after adding &-signs to the captions of the preferences window, the letters do get underlined, but the Alt-shortcuts still don't work...

> Sometimes it's simplest to edit
> shortcuts.xml directly (the one in C:\Documents and
> Settings\user\Application Data\Notepad++, as well).
> Agreed, but I don't want to maintain a special version.

Did I read your message correctly when thinking you mean changing the app's sources? Because if so, don't bother; those .xml files can be edited without downloading the sources, and as I said above, the ones in your AppData folder don't get overwritten — unless you have a doLocalConf.xml in the %ProgramFiles%\Notepad++ folder (in that case, they won't be overwritten either, but they won't be used at all).

> I like this editor so much that I wanted to grab the sources and
> customize it, but there is never time...

Someone should invent the 48 hours per day, shouldn't they? :-P

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 101 users online (1 registered, 100 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 11:14 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,383,850  (36,247 Today )
RSS Feed