ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

I add the /auto switch to the ZTree command line . . .   [Q]

By: Tom Foote   Homepage   Plantation, Florida - U.S.A.  
Date: Dec 07,2006 at 05:23
In Response to: [Q] Starting ZTW from the windows context menu .. (Bob Selby)

> One very nice trick is to launch ZTW in an directory found by explorer by
> right clicking on the folder and clicking Ztwin.

> However, it always launches in a very small window (80x25) (all my icons
> and shortcuts plus my ZTW config specify 80x60) and I cant find any way to
> override this.

> I get the impression that it initialy flashes up as 80x60 but the shrinks
> to 80x25.

> Anyone aware of a way to fix this??

> TIA
--------------------
From what is currently Tip #11 of ZEST!

Consider reinstalling:

" . . . the ZTREE.INF file that should be in your ZTree directory. While editing, I add the /auto switch to the ZTree command line of that file, to make ZTree "automatically" adjust and fill its window size to fit the current console size . . ."

Full detail from:

http://footeworks.us/comptips.htm#Quick_Reference

11. Add ZTreeWin to the Context Menu of Windows Explorer (or of any other well-behaved GUI-based file manager, e.g., PowerDesk Pro). Then you can point to a directory (not file) within your preferred GUI file manager; and click on the ZTree menu entry to automatically launch ZTree so it points to that directory, already logged for you!

First find, carefully read, edit, save, point to, right click, and Install the ZTREE.INF file that should be in your ZTree directory. While editing, I add the /auto switch to the ZTree command line of that file, to make ZTree "automatically" adjust and fill its window size to fit the current console size. Of course, you can add any of the other command line options described in ZTree's help system. (Thank you, John Gruener for developing ZTREE.INF--and, for all your work on that help system!)

Now, within your preferred GUI file manager, just navigate your mouse cursor to a given directory; right-click your mouse to bring up the Context Menu; Click on the ZTreeWin Context Menu entry--or just type "Z " corresponding to the ZTree menu entry; Then watch ZTree load and automatically highlight, and log, that directory.

John Gruener offers this alternative approach to all the above, that avoids using the mouse altogether: Starting within ZTree, navigate to the file ZTREE.INF; edit it to your liking; then hit Shift-F10 (or your Context Menu Key), followed by the "I" key, to Install that file. Then, to launch ZTree using the Context Menu within your GUI file manager, navigate to a desired directory, hit Shift-F10 (or the Context Menu Key) followed by the "Z" key. ZTree should then appear, pointing to your desired directory--again, already logged for you.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 66 users online (0 registered, 66 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 9:28 am UTC  |  Hits:62,399,900  (14,686 Today )
RSS Feed