ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

v1.1   [Notice]

By: Martijn Coppoolse   Homepage   Voorburg, NL  
Date: Apr 27,2009 at 16:22
In Response to: v1.1 (Ian Binnie)

> > (That'll teach me about putting up documentation on a Wiki before
> > making the product itself available. :-P)
>
> You have to admit that this is unnatural - the closest I have come is
> writing documentation during development.

What is unnatural — writing documentation before publishing the product? Our customers usually like it when the documentation is available when the product ships... :-P

What I meant is that a Wiki will show the contents immediately.

It wouldn't even be the first time I've done documentation-driven development: write the specifications in the form of documentation. One advantage this has is that it forces you to describe the software to your customer even before having written it.
If done well, it can also reduce the amount of documentation that has to be written afterward.

But that wasn't the case here; I'd already done most of the coding a week ago. It's for the finishing touches that I hadn't been able to find the time.

> I had modified my scripts to test the Assist string, but this will need
> to be changed.

Yes, I’m afraid it will. Depending on how you did this, the changes should be too big, though.

I probably won't be changing the interface anymore. I might add new objects, or add new properties and methods to existing objects; but that won't break backward compatibility.

--
Martijn

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 80 users online (0 registered, 80 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 8:09 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,378,492  (30,889 Today )
RSS Feed