ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

only an expressly Visit should bookmark a Dir   [Wish]

By: Juergen Hestermann       
Date: Dec 01,2011 at 12:13
In Response to: only an expressly Visit should bookmark a Dir (Steve Rawling)

> I think "could be intended" is beginning to make the rules for
> bookmarking too complicated. Why exclude the second onwards? why not
> thew third...see my point?

Yes, it may need a bit more thinking. Yet I think that it's worth it. Not the user has to remember the rules, it just has to be coded. Maybe the help file should explain the rules too but it's not important to remember for the user. So I think it can be a bit more complicated.

I am not sure how it is coded now but one way to solve this would be to only bookmark "the last" backspace by bookmarking only the *leaving* of a file window. But if backspace is just coded as a macro that exits FW, moves up and enters parent file window then each backspace "leaves" FW too. So it would need more coding so that only manual exits are considered.

Another action that I would like to be bookmarked is using the asterisk. When I log a whole branch with * I would consider it to be "visited". I often miss such branches in the bookmark list.

Jürgen.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,656 Postings in 12,233 Threads, 350 registered users, 87 users online (2 registered, 85 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: May 13, 2024 - 7:38 pm UTC  |  Hits:63,436,159  (17,309 Today )
RSS Feed