ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[BETA] Do the Zeta/Betas have an expiration date?   [BETA]

By: Paul Laufer       
Date: Apr 26,2013 at 22:10

Hi Kim:

Several years ago I put together a nice "Ultimate Boot Disk" with lots of my favorite utilities. I think I used BartPE. It's been such a long time that I thought I'd investigate putting together another similar disk.

One of my mistakes the last time was that I used a Zeta or Beta of Ztree, which eventually expired and wouldn't run. I had an emergency need for the disk and was chagrined to get a refusal from Ztree to run because of how old it was, forcing a computer date change.

I did find this old thread on the subject: http://www.ztw3.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=85916

Do the new Zeta/Beta versions of Ztree still have an expiration date? I'd like to use my current live Ztree for the boot disk, as it has many sub-directories with utilities. But my live Ztree is rarely running an official release, and I'm hesitant to fiddle with temporarily placing a non-beta version in its place and then test the dozens of relationships it has with 3rd party utilities.

Is this a case where an official release is the only answer?

Thanks,

Paul

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 59 users online (0 registered, 59 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 9:02 am UTC  |  Hits:62,360,832  (13,229 Today )
RSS Feed