ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Set F4 (or CO-4E) to Confirm   [Zeta]

By: Art Kocsis     So Calif  
Date: Jul 10,2016 at 06:16
In Response to: Set F4 (or CO-4E) to Confirm (Kim Henkel)

> > Since this could cause unnoticed filename errors, could it be set
> > to trigger an error message?
>
> Set F4 (or Alt-F10, option 4-E) to confirm, then you can verify the
> first rename will give you what you expect. If it looks good, hit {A]ll
> to proceed with the rest.

Kim, Thank you for responding.

First, I apologize for posting in the wrong thread. I thought I had posted in the [Zeta] 2.4.166 announcement thread but obviously didn't. Too much sleep deprivation.

Second, I turn most of the confirm settings off as they slow me down too much. For almost all of my renaming, it is much faster to correct the infrequent mistakes than to always add a confirmation delay. In this case, I spotted the non-expected result right away but it took a while to figure out the problem. It would have helped greatly if there had been an error message alerting me to the syntax error.

However (after some sleep), I will admit that trapping this error would not be as trivial to parse as a missing ">" or dbl quote character. Even though it is quite common to append strings to names, this is the first time in 20+(?) years of ZTree that it has happened to me so I think we're good.

Thank you again for my most used tool.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,640 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 48 users online (0 registered, 48 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Apr 18, 2024 - 1:13 am UTC  |  Hits:62,906,036  (460 Today )
RSS Feed