ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[BUG] non-sticky returns   [Zeta]

By: Chester Kemp       
Date: Nov 18,2016 at 19:37
In Response to: [Zeta] v2.4.169 Now Available (Kim Henkel)

I have been doing something which requires both left and right panels. When I Tab between right and left panels and then return to the right panel again, I find that the return to the right panel gets stuck on a particular item. The circumstances are a bit esoteric because in "normal" usage ZTree works correctly!!

In the left window I have a simple list of filenames in a directory. However, on the right window I have a [B]ranch of files incorporating a variety of sub-directories. At this point, the flipping between both windows is still OK.

So the next step is that on the right panel (in the [B]ranch), some of the files have been [T]agged. (I may have used ctrl-Enter to look at these files alone.) It is after this that the behaviour becomes abnormal. Now, the tabbing between these L/R windows, it keeps returning back to the same file on the right irrespective of where the cursor was previously.

This is not looking for a bug for the sake of it, it has its real world scenario through using the program "Calibre" to edit ebook metadata information into a more consistent standard. Calibre allows me to control title and author's name (in surname/forename sequence) as well as associate the appropriate book-cover artwork.

On my left window I retain the original unmodified ebook files (epub, mobi and pdf). On the right is a list of directories generated by "Calibre" which it lists under the book title names - the filenames do not match original filenames. My switching between windows is to associate the original filename to the modified Calibre files.

Kim, I will be happy to provide further info if needed - it is very long-winded to describe.

best regards

Chester

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 88 users online (0 registered, 88 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 9:11 am UTC  |  Hits:62,399,448  (14,234 Today )
RSS Feed