ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[BETA] Beta Downloads?   [BETA]

By: John Leslie       
Date: Aug 19,2017 at 13:56
In Response to: [BETA] Beta Downloads? (MikeC)

> Thanx for the reply John. What exactly is a Zeta? I saw the term
> here, but couldn't find an explanation Maybe like an Alpha -except
> it's not ;_) I actually have been using the latest Zeta for a bit (I saw
> it mentioned here).
>
> As for all that API stuff, I have no clue. I know a a little about
> computers, but no programing.
>
> Is there a way to browse this forum (as opposed to searching for
> specific stuff).
>
> Thanx.

I'd describe a Zeta as something that may not be stable enough to call a Beta, but the reality is they are really good and you shouldn't worry about using one. Especially if it's been posted here for a while and no-one's complaining.

I don't know how you start ZTree, but if you start it from an icon somewhere then the command line is in the Icon properties (Right Mouse Button the Icon, select Properties. Choose the Shortcut Tab, it's the "Target" line.

Historically you could use the standard way of copying stuff, which can be quite slow to network systems, or specify /API on the command line (i.e. "Target") and it uses the Windows method of file copying, which is considerably faster sometimes but isn't as good at sorting out all the timestamps. /APIT says use the /API method then fix the timestamps afterwards, which is IMHO the best of both Worlds. I mentioned it as I thought it was one of the big advantages of the Zetas over the last Beta. (There are many more.)

You can just ignore all the /APIT stuff. Give it a go - make a copy of your ZTW dir in case you aren't happy, dump the latest Zeta on top of it and have a play.

On browsing it's really just scroll down and click "Next Page"... unless anyone else knows better?

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 90 users online (0 registered, 90 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 12:40 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,405,922  (20,708 Today )
RSS Feed