ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

New date Help file wording   [Zeta]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Dec 17,2017 at 16:51
In Response to: NewDate protection: Good, but F5 Previous missing (Hartmut Schneider)

> > > - Help says, it takes the value from History, which is not the same as 'undo'.
> >
> > Where do you see that in Help?
>
> The new Help description says: Press F5 to recall the original
> timestamp from the previous new Date command.

But my point was it never says it takes it from "History" which would imply from the "History List" as defined in Help.

> > Perhaps "from the previous" should be
> > changed to "before the previous" (in both descriptions).
>
> I find "before Thema previous" not so clear.

Well, let's compare the two sentences:

1. "Press F5 to recall the original timestamp from the previous New date command."
2. "Press F5 to recall the original timestamp before the previous New date command."

Case 1 could mean "recall the timestamp as it resulted from the previous New date command," which would imply it takes it from "History". In fact this looks like the way you may have interpreted it above.

But case 2 could not be interpreted that way. To me the words "original" and "before" make it more clear it means "as it was before the previous New date command", and not necessarily from the History List.

Or we could use both words:
"Press F5 to recall the original timestamp from before the previous New date command."

Or even:
"Press F5 to recall the original timestamp as it was before the previous New date command."

(Note also the capitalization should be changed to "New date" as it appears on the menu).

> > Did you notice that F8 Opposite works? Not only here, but in your
> > requested Edit prompts and View!
>
> No, not yet. Will test tomorrow.

Works great. Thanks Kim!

- John

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 76 users online (1 registered, 75 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 1:36 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,368,365  (20,762 Today )
RSS Feed