ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Clarifying the suggested key assignment   [Discuss]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Mar 25,2018 at 22:09
In Response to: [Discuss] Navigating directly to a specific file (John Gruener)

> Far better in my opinion would be to create a new command, perhaps
> using the single/double-quote key, which would immediately prompt for
> input.

When I suggested this I was thinking of the US keyboard, which has the double quote on the shifted single quote key. But I wasn't intending to shift it and have the double quote also work for this. That would not work, since the double quote repeats the Active Spell Search. Also, on most non-US keyboards, the double quote is not on the same key as single quote.

On the US keyboard the single quote (also called the "apostrophe") is not recognized as a Spell Search character, leaving it open for this assignment. However, on the German and Canadian keyboards, the single quote requires the Shift key, apparently making it active in Spell Search. If we assign this key for this direct file navigation function, it would need to be removed from Spell Search on those keyboards, so it works the same as on the US keyboard.

- John

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 63 users online (0 registered, 63 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 7:09 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,376,968  (29,365 Today )
RSS Feed