ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Help!] Junction point with Unicode-named directory   [Help!]

By: Liviu       
Date: Nov 07,2020 at 05:59
In Response to: [Help!] Junction point with Unicode-named directory (Laurent Duchastel)

> Trying to junction that directory with my F9 batch ends with [...] a junction point which doesn't work.

Wish I had better news, but I don't think it can work. The limiting factor here is that it's going through a temporary batch file, which has the parameters expanded inline. The batch file appears to always be saved in the OEM codepage (Kim, please correct me if I am wrong about this), and therefore paths with international characters outside that codepage do not get saved correctly.

You can see the end result of such conversion if you create a simple F9 entry with just echo %1 "%cd%". When executed in a DW, the two strings should be identical, since %cd% is the current directory, but for a directory with "problem" characters they won't match. For example, with a directory "C:\‹ α ß © ∂ € ›" what gets printed is "C:\< α ß c · · >" "C:\‹ α ß © ∂ € ›".

Possible workarounds could be for ZTree to:
- have an option to pass (some) of the path parameters via environment variables or as arguments to the batch file, instead of expanding them in the body of the batch file;
- or, have an option to save the temporary batch file as UTF-8 which might work with chcp 65001 in more recent Windows 10 versions.

Either way, however, would require not-quite-trivial changes in ZTree.

Cheers,
Liviu

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 69 users online (0 registered, 69 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 1:43 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,407,871  (22,657 Today )
RSS Feed