ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] W11: no particular dissatisfaction.   [Discuss]

By: Christopher       
Date: Apr 13,2022 at 17:33
In Response to: [Discuss] Windows 11 upgrade experiences? (Slobodan Vujnovic)

As for myself, I have yet to see these W11 show-stopping dissatisfactions.

Running an assortment of business programs and some utilities, no issues of note since MS addressed the SSD molasses slow crawl issue a while back, something which did go on longer than it should have, agreed.

After having upgraded two different factory W10 machines, no particular complaints here. While W11 installation rejection bypass hacks are available all over the place, I merely had to tweak the BIOS to pass muster. I wouldn't go the hack route, although I do realize that for some it's a welcome challenge.

Interface changes? Sure, but I see what Microsoft was up to here, and I'm not unsympathetic. An occasional crash, yes, but I've found a number of under-the-hood configuration changes in W11 which in my opinion remediated things I had found annoying oddities about W10. Such as the in-my-face BitLocker insistence under certain laptop OEM configurations after one particular W10 update.

Utilities such as those from Stardock tweak the interface quite stably.

W7 has been one for the ages, at least for me. But I rather liked and still do like W8.1 (once W8.0 turned into 8.1 that is), even better than W10. (I see what MS was trying to accomplish with the original W8.0, it just misfired.)

So for those who have found W11 toxic, dunno. But then I didn't think XTree Win was a piece of trash, either, back in the early '90s after XTGold Pro. (That's not what put Executive Systems into the tank, they were goners anyway. The Central Point acquisition at least allowed the remaining founders to get out with something.)

Perhaps I'm just a contrarian in my own particular way . . .

- CKM

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 55 users online (0 registered, 55 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 3:30 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,371,556  (23,953 Today )
RSS Feed