ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] W11: no particular dissatisfaction.   [Discuss]

By: Laurent Duchastel     Montréal, Québec  
Date: Apr 24,2022 at 15:04
In Response to: [Discuss] W11: no particular dissatisfaction. (Christopher)

> Still not having any particularly annoying issues with Win 11, runs
> fine for me,
>
> - but -
>
> I'm on Intel processors only, so can't speak for anyone's
> experiences with any other CPUs. - CKM

I am not especially against Win1.
But as I said, there are still significant issues with AMD processors. Funny things, one major promotion point of Win11 is its enhanced gaming processing. Yet most gamers have AMD processors...

As for SSD issues, there were still present a month ago when I rolled back from Win11 to Win10. As well as Win explorer memory leak issues.

On both my laptop which are Intel equipped, I did not experienced slow-downed CPU and SSD issues, only Explorer memory leak which leads to occasionnal 5-15 seconds freeze once in a while and the necessity to manually kill and restart the process. A number of fixes have been released by MS for this as many communications that "they are still working on this issue". It will be solve eventually.

I alos said that I could install Win11 on my not-so-old MS Surface despite not having the requirements. Unfortunately, MS recently warns that any computer running Win11 despite having all requirements won't be able to install Win fixes and updates in the future. Therefore the only solution proposed by MS for these users is: "Buy a new computer".

Therefore, on my three computers, one don't run yet Win11 as it supposed to be despite being compatible (desktop AMD CPU), the other won't be able to do in the future despite being able actually (my Surface). Only my work computer could run Win11 without much problem (exception of Win Explorer leak). Two out of three. So, it's why Win10 is still a good choice for me and will still be dominant on the market for many years to come.

This said, if Win11 solves its issues and allows users to choose between Win10 or Win11 interfaces for Windows Explorer and Start Menu, I have not objection to Win11 on my desktop, as the Win11 engine has been design for enhanced and slightly more secure running than Win10.

Still, I won't be able to run Win11 on my Surface.

Note that I configured my desktop to be multiboot, thanks to the excellent Terabytes Unlimited Boot UEFI tools (fantastic compact all-in-one tool, the "ZTree" equivalent for partionning tool), I do frequently boot my desktop from its Win11 partition to update the OS and check if issues are solved. I am still monitoring its evolution and new fixes.

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootit-uefi/

Laurent Duchastel

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 94 users online (0 registered, 94 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 11:27 am UTC  |  Hits:62,403,699  (18,485 Today )
RSS Feed