ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Help!] Emulating a NumPad   [Help!]

By: John Leslie       
Date: May 05,2024 at 19:12

Using ZTW on my baby PC I have a keyboard without a physical or embedded numeric keypad. I'd like at least to be able to use things like "5" to centre the highlighted file... (note I use /XT with ZTW)...

I'm wondering if anyone has a better solution than what I've thought of so far and aren't loving...

(1) I have no interest in leaving the on-screen keyboard up all the time, or using a numpad-only version like:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpad-emulator/files/latest/download

(2) Use AutoHotkey to either:

(i) Make the standard number keys return numeric keypad codes on a modifier (CapsLock maybe)
#If GetKeyState("CapsLock", "T")
1::Numpad1
2::Numpad2
3::Numpad3
4::Numpad4
5::Numpad5
6::Numpad6
7::Numpad7
8::Numpad8
9::Numpad9
0::Numpad0
But it's a bit of a pain to have to turn CapsLock on then off and ("CapsLock", "P") doesn't really help as it still toggles CapsLock and "SetCapsLockState, AlwaysOff" with it is too annoying.

(ii) Make the keys usually used for a QWERTY embedded numeric keypad return numpad codes on a modifier.
#NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
#If GetKeyState("CapsLock", "T") RAlt::LAlt m::Numpad0 >::NumpadDot /::NumpadAdd j::Numpad1 k::Numpad2 l::Numpad3 ;::NumpadSub u::Numpad4 i::Numpad5 o::Numpad6 p::NumpadMult 7::Numpad7 8::Numpad8 9::Numpad9 0::NumpadDiv #If

(E&OE on the scripts, I borrowed assorted bits from the Internet and played a bit, I haven't debugged them.)

Then Win+R to run shell:startup to go to my shell auto-run folder and add the script

Does anyone have a better idea, I suspect I'm missing something major...

Messages in this Thread

96,656 Postings in 12,233 Threads, 350 registered users, 38 users online (0 registered, 38 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: May 18, 2024 - 12:46 pm UTC  |  Hits:63,519,164  (3,868 Today )
RSS Feed