ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Okay, here's one we need Kim   [General]

By: Dan LeGate       
Date: Jul 30,1998 at 04:48

Chime in if you like this one... I think it would be REALLY useful.

Today I logged my entire wwwroot branch to see how big it was and to make a backup of it onto another drive.

Problem: when you have Frontpage extensions installed on your web server, you get tons of useless (to me) directories that I don't want or need to see. (other people using the server do use frontpage so I have to keep the extensions installed).

Anyway, here's my suggestion: Release all subdirectories in branch matching a certain character-spec. In this instance I would match on an undersco_* or _vti*

Another pain about these directories that start with an underscore is that Ztree can't "Jump" to it with a Shift-Key, so you manually have to move down the branch hitting minus to unlog all those directories. When you have tons of them, you start moving too fast and unlog a directory you didn't mean to. Ugh!

This ability would be SO great in my opinion. Anyone else?

Dan

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,646 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 50 users online (0 registered, 50 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Apr 28, 2024 - 3:53 am UTC  |  Hits:63,108,808  (3,478 Today )
RSS Feed