ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Q] Opening Exploder, with side bar showing directory full path   [Q]

By: Steve Rawling     Sydney  
Date: Sep 29,2021 at 07:41
In Response to: [Q] Opening Exploder (Slobodan Vujnovic)

> I've had this shortcut in my X
> history for decades:
>
> E start explorer.exe /n,/e,/select,"%1"
>
> I'm still wondering who was the genius that came up
> with both '/' and ',' as separators in a command line
> utility...
>

Kims original eXecute START . is simplest way to open explorer from either the ZTW file or dir window and the side window directory listed with the root directory highlighted

Slobodan's way of eXecute start explorer.exe /n,/e,/select,"%1" (with or without the "") does the same I believe. or am I missing something

Charles Schubach in June 2002 seems to be the first to suggest explorer.exe /n,/e,/select, %2:%3 as a F9 entry which seems to me to do the same as above methods. (not sure of all the explorer command line switches.
see http://www.ztw3.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=38698
It would be nice to find the full list of explorer command line switches. Where is it? anybody know?

But what I always wanted but could never achieve is to open explorer from ZTW and have the explorer main window listing the files of the current ztw directory in the explorer main window and the whole directory path from the root to the current directory in the side bar with the highlight on the current directory. Is there a way to do that, with a command line string?

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,650 Postings in 12,232 Threads, 350 registered users, 57 users online (0 registered, 57 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: May 1, 2024 - 9:16 pm UTC  |  Hits:63,191,948  (20,429 Today )
RSS Feed