ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

BACKUP USING ZTREE   [General]

By: Lindsay Graham     Canberra, Australia  
Date: May 02,2002 at 01:17

I use ZTree to incrementally backup weekly from one hard drive to another (remote) hard drive. I do this by Alt-Copy of all files in the specified directories that have the Archive attribute set (tagged by visual inspection when the files are sorted in date order). And after each Alt-Copy, of course, I remove the A attribute from all copied files.

Apart from the tagging being a bit tedious, this approach means that there is an increasing number of files on the remote drive that have been deleted from my drive. Is there a simple way to do a true incremental backup using the Compare functions in Ztree? There are about 6,000 files totalling 2Gb altogether.

Thanks in anticipation -- I'm sure I could work it out in time if I waded through the Help file, but I figure others have got it all worked out, and I'm pretty pressed for time at the moment.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 62 users online (0 registered, 62 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 7:14 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,377,088  (29,485 Today )
RSS Feed