ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[OT] Real ChatGPT - even more   [OT]

By: Laurent Duchastel     Montréal, Québec  
Date: Jan 16,2023 at 03:21
In Response to: [OT] Real ChatGPT transcript assisting me in special home networking challenge (Slobodan Vujnovic)

> Mind-boggling and scary. Reads
> like a very, very long exchange with an expert
> who knows exactly what to tell you. Tech phone support has always used
> some
> form of scripting that a human followed, but this is orders of
> magnitude better --
> provided it's correct and safe, etc. Time will tell.
>

You perhaps understood that I have a new internet provider, in addition to the existing one. While the household is using Provider A, I needed an exclusive and much faster internet from Provider B for myself. My PC needs to access both networks.

So, I asked ChatGPT, and you saw the result. Done.

No, wait, I had also this issue: My new internet provider provides a powerful router for free, but I have also this unused powerful one at my disposal. Which one should I use?

I spent some time on both manufacturer websites trying to figure it out. Not very helpful. I couldn't find conclusive reviews either. So, I asked ChatGPT again these five questions (transcript not copied here, but you can try).

1. Compare Nokia WiFi Beacon 6 vs TP-Link Archer C3200
2. Which are exclusive features for each one?
3. What is MU-MIMO? [Archer C3200 has MU-MIMO as an exclusive feature, in addition to a more powerful processor and advanced settings]
4. Does Nokia WiFi Beacon 6 have MU-MIMO? [No, it has only MIMO because it has only one inbuilt antenna]
5. What is the difference between MU-MIMO and MIMO only? [The reply was the last winning argument for AC3200].

Now, decision taken, I go with AC3200, thanks again to ChatGPT.

Laurent Duchastel

Messages in this Thread

96,656 Postings in 12,233 Threads, 350 registered users, 19 users online (0 registered, 19 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: May 18, 2024 - 6:02 am UTC  |  Hits:63,517,038  (1,742 Today )
RSS Feed